Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Peekie boo

I am posting!! yay!!! I had a few minutes to get this on.. so here goes..

I made some summery night gowns for two little girls this week.. Our Zoey and my friend's daughter, Maddy. Luckily they are both the same size!
 I used some vintage sheets my friend Dana gave me. Love how they are so soft and thin and roomy for the little girls.
 Our little Zoey trying her hardest to stand still one sec. Its very hard to do with her. She likes to wave while she says cheeseeeeeeeeeee.
I had 4 cut out..but I did a ooops.. I cut one side on the wrong "fold" line lol then didn't have enough to finish it..I'll figure something out...

I might not be so distance from the blog after all!! Things seem to settle abit around here. Remember the house with the basement we were going to do?? Nope.. not going to happen. We won't have enough to finish the top floor and we do not want to start the project and run out of money... sooooooo we decided to stay put and put a front and back porch on the one we are in now. Plus Doug is in need of another truck..so we have to get that too...Actually its some stress off both our shoulders now! ugh.

My sewing mojo is returning slowly.. I try to stick to some simple things..
Here are my next 2 projects on my want to get done for me list...

I bought this pattern from Jane over on Projectsbyjane. She had all her patterns for sale last week and I had to grab this one up! It's just my style!!! They are not on sale any longer but you need to check out all her patterns and cute little pouches and bags she has in her Etsy shop!!
*photo used by permission from projectsbyjane.

My second project is a bit bigger. I made the smaller one couple years ago. Decided it was way too small... I don't have a photo of it but you can clicky on that link to view it..
Love all the pockets on the outside!
I think I bought this at Joann's years ago.. not sure?
Jules Bag pattern

Have a good weekend!




3 comments:

  1. Those night gowns are darling!!! So perfect for summer =D
    Awwwww....sorta sad about the new house, but I agree...better to not run out of money. I'm going to be so jealous of your new porches!!!!
    The pattern looks great! You definitely deserve a little bag just for you =D I'm glad things are quieting down a bit for you =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good you can get back to sewing. Money...always a stress trigger. There was 1 year when stress over money took its toll on me. I never want to experience it again. Thanks for linking to my little Etsy shop. At VivoCity, many young girls get their mummies to buy these ready-made ones from me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peekie boo to you too!! You sound more relieved, it sounds like a good decision about the house. You'll have a lovely new porch to sit in the rocking chair with a chicken, lol! I love the little matching night gowns and that Get Up and Go Go Sling bag is really fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Come on.. don't be shy.. leave a comment.. love to hear from you!